My passion for AV and Technology started over 20 years ago while helping out a theater friend in College. Before I knew it, I had found my calling and the work I love! After graduating College I took a job as a tech director — setting up, tearing down, and mixing 4 days a week along with some nights and weekends with bands in clubs. A couple of years with a rental and staging company helped refine my chops on the console while introducing me to the world of design and installation.
Three years with an AV Design/Build contractor convinced me that the design side of the business was what I was most interested in. Since that time (more years than I might like to admit!) I’ve been working as a full-time designer and consultant. I love the challenges that each new system and design presents and I look forward to helping you with using AV and technology to better your communications!
- 2017-Pres – Principal and Owner, Hamilton AV Design, West Michigan
- 2014-2016 – Director of AVL, Acoustics By Design, Inc., Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 2003-2016 – Senior AVL Design Consultant, Acoustics By Design, Inc., Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 2000-2003 – Director of Engineering, Integrated Media, Byron Center, Michigan
- 1995-2000 – Freelance Systems Designer and Live Engineer
- 1995-2000 – Technical Director, Hope College Dimnent Chapel, Holland, Michigan
- InfoComm International, Member, CTS-D
- Audio Engineering Society of America, Member
- National Systems Contractor Association, Member
- Synergetic Audio Concepts, Member
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry and Biology, Hope College, Holland, Michigan, 1995
We would love to hear about your project and show you how Hamilton AV Design can create for you professionally designed AV solutions that will not perform exceptionally but will be long lasting solutions.
Better communication. Sound Technology Matters.